We install steel roofing (standing seam “double lock” and “screw down”) and asphalt shingle roofing, as well as roof top solar arrays. We offer a 5 year, owner transferable workmanship warranty and our products carry 30 year, 45 year, and limited lifetime warranties as well.
What follows are brief descriptions of the types of roofing we install and the pros and cons of each:
Standing Seam Steel
Available in painted or galvanized finishes, 24 gauge (thickest) or 26 gauge (slightly thinner).
- Best quality
- Hidden fastener
- Panels are “double lock” machine seamed on site
- Sheds snow and ice the best
- Can be installed over existing roofing usually
- Most expensive
- Flat panels risk “oil canning” but serrated panels do not
Available in 20 colors of painted steel, 29 gauge (thinnest).
- More affordable than standing seam
- Sheds snow and ice better than shingles
- Looks sharp
- 45 year warranty
- Light weight – can be installed over existing roofs usually
- Fasteners are exposed to elements
- Does not shed snow and ice as well as standing seam
The thickest and most durable type of asphalt shingle, available in a variety of colors.
- Classic, attractive appearance
- 35+ year warranty
- Technically relatively straight forward installation
- Heavy – requires stripping roof if more than 1 layer of shingles is present
- Does not shed snow and ice well.
A thinner, single layer shingle with gaps between “tabs”. Available in a variety of colors.
- Classic appearance
- 25-30 year warranty
- Less durable than architectural shingles
- Requires stripping roof if more than 1 layer present
- Can be technically difficult with maintaining alignment of tabs